A Word in Season Day 30
Saturday, October 30, 2010 Church Life
God Set Some in the Church - For His Purpose
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Christians need church. Church attendance and membership is a part of the God's plan for your life. Church life is fundamental to the faithful Christian life. His Word explicitly warns not to forsake 'our assembling together'. Going to church alone does not save us; however, we cannot fulfill what it means to be a Christian (saved) apart from the church. We learn how to live out the Christian life in church. Therefore, church membership is a vital part of living the saved life.
11 Reasons to abide in your set place
1. Church is your feeding station Jer 3:15
2. Church is a place of training for service Ex 18:19-20
3. Church is a base for your work of ministry Act 13:1-3
4. Church is a house of worship John 4:24
5. Church provides spiritual strength Rom 10:17
6. Church invites the Lord's presence Ps 22:3, Matt 18:20
7. Church provides needed Christian fellowship 1 John 1:7
8. Church membership is God's plan Acts 2:47, Heb 10:24
9. Church membership gives spiritual protection Heb 13:17
10. Church unity gives us spiritual strength 2 Cor 4:13
11. Church membership witnesses of your relationship with God
Prayer Focus - Father, I ask your blessing upon my church. Help me to be a blessing to my church. Thank you for setting me in the church; blessing and growing me up through the church.
Verse of the Day: Ps 92:13-14 Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
Living the Word Today: Prepare today for church tomorrow. Gather as many friends and relatives as you can to go to church with you.